2017 Cub Scout Popcorn Fundraiser
September 22 – October 29
Let the selling begin!
Starting at 5 PM on Friday, September 22rd, your scout can canvass their neighborhood, friends, and relatives. The den leaders have the order forms. If you haven’t received one yet, please contact your scout’s leader.
We still have storefront sale time slots open for October 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th. It’s also not too late to pick up a show-and-deliver starter kit. You can sign up for these online at this link.
Be sure to check out the Popcorn Sales FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions, including the types of payment we can accept, deadlines, and information on online sales.
Good luck, everyone! We hope this year’s sale is bigger and better than ever!
- ALWAYS wear your uniform
- ALWAYS smile and introduce yourself
- ALWAYS tell your customers why you are selling popcorn
- KNOW the different kinds of popcorn you are selling
- ALWAYS say "Thank You"
- ALWAYS have an order form with a pen
- BE SURE to get customer email addresses to send them a "Thank You" email after the sale, reminding them they can reorder online.
- NEVER enter anyone's home
- NEVER sell after dark unless you are with an adult
- DON'T carry large amounts of cash with you
- ALWAYS walk on the sidewalk and driveway
- ALWAYS sell with another scout or with an adult
“Hi, my name is __________, and I am a Cub Scout with Pack 508. My favorite thing about Scouting is ____________________. I’m selling popcorn to raise money for the fun things I like to do in Scouting. The popcorn is delicious and there are many different kinds to choose from. Will you please help support me?”
SELLING TIP OF THE WEEK: Don't think of it as selling popcorn ... Think of it as selling Scouting and the adventures you and your pack get to experience. People can buy popcorn anywhere, but no one can buy the adventures or fun Scouting is for you and your friends.